Regional artists’ work will be featured in the 59th Annual Delta Exhibition, June 9 – Aug. 27
The Arkansas Arts Center, the state’s premier center for visual and performing arts, announces the artists accepted to the 59th Annual Delta Exhibition, on display June 9 through August 27, 2017.
“Every year, the Delta Exhibition gives Arkansas Arts Center patrons the opportunity to experience some of the Delta region’s most talented contemporary artists,” said Todd Herman, executive director of the Arkansas Arts Center.
The Delta Exhibition was founded in 1958 to feature contemporary work by artists born in or currently living in Arkansas and bordering states. Today, the Annual Delta Exhibition, which has grown to encompass works in all media, is a showcase for the dynamic vision of the artists of the Mississippi Delta region.
Betsy Bradley, Director of the Mississippi Museum of Art, is the juror for the 59th Annual Delta Exhibition. As director of the Mississippi Museum of Art, Bradley oversees the Museum in Jackson, which has 30 affiliates statewide. The institution has seen significant growth during her tenure, including two capital campaigns, a completely renovated facility, creation of The Art Garden, and quadrupled participation in museum programming. Committed to making the Museum relevant to its immediate community, Bradley works in partnership with many local cultural institutions, social services, and history organizations to create opportunities for collaborations that benefit the entire community.
Bradley selected 73 artworks by 57 artists representing seven states. They were chosen out of 1,120 entries by 497 artists. She will assign a $2,500 Grand Award and two $750 Delta Awards. A $250 Contemporaries Delta Award will be selected by the Contemporaries, an auxiliary membership group of the Arkansas Arts Center.
The 59th Annual Delta Winners will be announced at a member preview and reception on Thursday, June 8. Artists and Arkansas Arts Center members are invited to attend. Bradley will deliver a lecture and announce the winners at 6 p.m. in the Lower Lobby Lecture Hall. Guests will then been invited to the Jeannette Edris Rockefeller and Townsend Wolfe Galleries to view the exhibition.
The 59th Annual Delta Exhibition is sponsored by Isabel and John Ed Anthony, Mrs. Lisenne Rockefeller, Ginanne Graves Long, Dianne and Bobby Tucker, AAC Contemporaries and Edafio Technology Partners. The Grand Award is supported by The John William Linn Endowment Fund. The exhibition is supported by the Andre Simon Memorial Trust in memory of everyone who has died of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS).
Artists featured in the 59th Annual Delta Exhibition include:
- Cindy Adams of Little Rock, Ark.
- Wayne Amedee of New Orleans, La.
- Kevin Arnold of Rudy, Ark.
- Cindy Arsaga of Fayetteville, Ark.
- David Bailin of Little Rock, Ark.
- David Bell of Little Rock, Ark.
- Darrell Berry of Little Rock, Ark.
- Ron Burcham of Benton, Ark.
- Cathy Burns of North Little Rock, Ark.
- Critz Campbell of Mississippi State, Miss.
- Heather Canterbury of North Little Rock, Ark.
- Daniel Cassity of Hot Springs, Ark.
- Bryan Clifton of Little Rock, Ark.
- Maureen Donnelly of Jackson, Miss.
- Margo Duvall of Little Rock, Ark.
- Elizabeth Edwards of Memphis, Tenn.
- Michael Elliot-Smith of Alexandria, La.
- DebiLynn Fendley of Arkadelphia, Ark.
- Patrick Fleming of Roland, Ark.
- Elisha Gold of Memphis, Tenn.
- Mike Graves of Little Rock, Ark.
- Vincent Griffin of North Little Rock, Ark.
- Lisa Hamilton of Geenfield, Mo.
- Wade Hampton of Las Vegas, Nev.
- Frank Hamrick of Ruston, La.
- Dawn Holder of Clarksville, Ark.
- Robyn Horn of Little Rock, Ark.
- Jeff Horton of Little Rock, Ark.
- Jed Jackson of Memphis, Tenn.
- Kristoffer Johnson of Rogers, Ark.
- Baxter Knowlton of Little Rock, Ark.
- Paula Kovarik of Memphis, Tenn.
- Kellie Lehr of Fayetteville, Ark,
- Lloyd Litsey of Little Rock, Ark.
- James Matthews of Little Rock, Ark.
- Dennis McCann of Maumelle, Ark.
- Jason McCann of Maumelle, Ark.
- Alex Moomey of Little Rock, Ark.
- Carl Napolitano of Little Rock, Ark.
- James Pace of Tyler, Texas
- Ray Allen Parker of Fayetteville, Ark.
- Robin Parker of Little Rock, Ark.
- Teresa Phipps of Cordova, Tenn.
- Daniel Piersol of Jackson, Miss.
- Aj Smith of Little Rock, Ark.
- Gene Sparling of Hot Springs, Ark.
- Kendall Stallings of Dallas, Texas
- Ryan Steed of Memphis, Tenn.
- Zeek Taylor of Eureka Springs, Ark.
- Matt TerAvest of Little Rock, Ark.
- Robin Tucker of Little Rock, Ark.
- Tim Tyler of Bella Vista, Ark.
- James Volkert of Conway, Ark.
- Tommy Wallace of Conway, Ark.
- LaDawna Whiteside of Fayetteville, Ark.
- Kelly Williams of Nashville, Tenn.
- Carlyle Wolfe of Oxford, Miss.