WORDS / ARKANSAS ARTS COUNCIL
The Arkansas Arts Council will honor the recipients of its 2020 Governor’s Arts Awards at a luncheon and ceremony at noon on March 17 at the Arkansas Governor’s Mansion.
Tickets are $35 and can be reserved at arkansasarts.org or by contacting the Arkansas Arts Council at 501-324-9767. Checks for reservations must be sent to the Arkansas Arts Council at 1100 North St., Little Rock, Arkansas, 72201. Tickets must be purchased by March 6. Doors open at 11:45 a.m. the day of the event.
The Governor’s Arts Awards recognizes Arkansas artists, arts patrons, arts educators and businesses for their outstanding contributions to the arts community. Recipients are nominated by the public, then selected by an independent panel of arts professionals.
- Arts Community Development Award: Gretchen Hall of Little Rock
- Arts in Education Award: Jeannie Hulen of West Fork
- Corporate Sponsorship of the Arts Award: Arkansas Health and Wellness of Little Rock
- Folklife Award: Marty Scarbrough of Jonesboro
- Individual Artist Award: Mark Landon Smith of Fayetteville
- Judges Recognition Award: The Breakfast Club Interdisciplinary Arts Program at Ramay Junior High School in Fayetteville
- Patron Award: Madison and Suzanne Murphy of El Dorado
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Henri Linton, Sr., of Pine Bluff
For more information, please contact Cheri Leffew, special events-projects manager, at 501-324-9767 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the recipients of this year’s awards is available at arkansasarts.org.